Go Beyond the Clean-up Power of AMSA BCP® Chemistry –
Witnessing the clean-up of a heavily fouled cooling tower or cooling water system can be a dramatic experience. Many customers are sold on the strengths of AMSA BCP® products to penetrate/disperse/clean biofilm in cooling water systems after seeing clean-up applications similar to the one pictured here.
In fact, many customers have won accounts by performing chemical cleanings in cooling towers, chillers, and closed loop systems with AMSA chemistry. However, a good cooling tower maintenance program prevents the need for cleaning a heavily fouled system.
Tower Fill Before and After BCP® Chemistry
Consider Preventing the Need for a Clean-up in the First Place
An alternative strategy for the use of AMSA BCP® products is applying them in conjunction with a full water treatment program in a maintenance dosing regimen. This type of cooling tower maintenance program results in:
- Surfaces that are kept clean. Clean cooling water surfaces are important because they foster:
- Less potential for microbially influenced corrosion (MIC)
- Better performance from corrosion and scale inhibitors
- Decreased opportunity for biofilm to harbor pathogens such as Legionella Pneumophila
- More efficient heat transfer on exchanger surfaces
- Cooling systems that run closer to design and more efficiently.
- Oxidizing and non-oxidizing biocides work more effectively so that the biocide can more readily kill the bacteria with the biofilm penetration and dispersion help of BCP® products.
- Clean systems are less likely to get ‘out of control’ in between service visits.
Overall, adding AMSA BCP® products routinely to a water treatment program offers water treatment service companies the security that their programs are working as designed and customer satisfaction is achieved with a well maintained cooling water system!
The following video shows the value of AMSA BCP® products in a maintenance dosing program to keep your system clean.
Four Methods to Use BCP® Products in a Maintenance Mode
1) Regular slug dosing with BCP® 1000 or BCP® 2000 series liquid products.
2) Continuous feeding of BCP® liquid products.